Dr. Lefkowits is a regular guest speaker around Maryland. He had been a speaker for the Second Saturday Series at Howard Community College, presenting on the psychological and emotional impact of divorce on women and families. He has frequently presented to the Howard County Collaborative Practice Group on subjects pertaining to the psychological impact of divorce on families. Dr. Lefkowits had been featured twice on an internet radio show about divorce and appeared twice on local cable television discussing his work. In addition, Dr. Lefkowits has been a speaker at the University of Maryland Law School, Montgomery County Family Law Association and as a panel member at a national meeting of the International Association of Collaborative Practice.
Articles and Publications
- Guidance for Clinicians Managing the Pressure of Legal/Forensic Issues, The Maryland Psychologist, Summer 2017
- The Adventures of Weezy, The One-Eyed Pug
- Lefkowits has written two recent articles for the Maryland Psychologist on Collaborative Practice. The first was titled “The Psychologists role in Collaborative Law“,(May/June 2007) and more recently “Update on Collaborative Practice” (January/February, 2009)
- Relocation and Divorce – Howard County Collaborative Divorce, November, 2014
- Ethical, Legal and Therapeutic Challenges in Domestic Violence Cases – Presentation to Mental Health Professionals, Rockville, Maryland , October, 2014
- Powerful Alternatives to Child Custody Evaluations – Howard County Collaborative Practice, March, 2014
- Balancing Act – Spring Forward/Spring Back Joint Family Law Program, Baltimore City and Baltimore County (Panel Discussion), April 2013
- Presenting and Defending Alienation Cases – Montgomery County Family Bar February, 2014
- How to Ethically Assist a Client Survive a Custody Evaluation. Presentation to Psychologists and Social Workers, Rockville 2012 and 2013
- Understanding Parent Alienation – Howard County Collaborative Practice, October 2012
- “Understanding Parent Alienation” October, 2012. Presented to Howard County Collaborative Professionals.
- “How to Ethically Help Your Client Survive a Custody Dispute”; June 2012, presented in Rockville, MD with a local attorney.
- University of Maryland, College Park – Guest lecturer, “Objective Personality Assessment”, March, 2012.
- “It Takes a Village to Complete a Collaborative Divorce”; October 2010 – International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Lefkowits spoke on the subject “Personality Disorders that Stymie the Collaborative Process” during the monthly meeting of the Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals (CDRP) on October 19, 2009. In June, 2009, Dr. Lefkowits spoke on the subject of the role of “The Divorce Coach in the Collaborative Team Process” along with two attorneys to CDRP.